Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Salem News & Salem Film Fest


The Salem news thinks I'm smart and sexy. Just a few days after they interviewed me about the Best Picture nominations, they came into Cinema Salem and took my picture while I was building the movies for the Salem Film Fest. It's only going up now because I've spent the last week working my ass off for the festival. I'm not complaining, though. The fest was awesome. We had a lot of really great movies and it was very well attended which is impressive due to the fact that the planning for it started only a few months ago.

Sadly, though, due to my involvement with the festival, I didn't get to see a lot of the movies we had playing. The only films I was able to watch were ones that were 35mm prints because I had to run them through to make sure the splices and cues were correct. The only time that was able to happen was after we closed for the night, so I did a lot of lonely late night screenings. But that did mean I got to watch to the 4 movies I was most looking forward to that we were showing. Short impressions on them will be coming very soon.

No comments: