Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari (2005)


An English remake of the original, with sound. I thought it could be really good. A modern take on a 1920s German Expressionist film. It had a lot of potential. I guess this was more of an homage than anything else. There was nothing modern about it. They used green screen to edit in footage from the original and there was dialogue. Those were the only "modern" things. Maybe you could consider the font to be modern. They used the font from The Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie album. It pisses me off whenever I see that used anywhere other than that record. This was just a pathetic goth soap opera. And for some reason, everyone had to wear black eye liner. Ridiculous. The acting was pure shit. The only redeeming thing about this movie was seeing Doug Jones. Not that he was that awesome or anything, it's just that he played Cesare and that was kind of cool. But please, just stay away from this movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A mate of mine recommended the original, so I watched it last night on DVD, but I saw the remake last year and actually had no idea it was a remake. Well it sucked irregardless, and upon watching the original, I am getting sick of these "English remakes", 9/10 times they are so awful. But I loved the original, and second your warning for people to stay away from the remake. It was too weird, in my opinion.

super tadapox said...

The best medication Super Tadapox is a medicine effective for the treatment of sensual health conditions in men. It is a prescription medicine for the treatment of Erectile Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation. It has a combination of Tadalafil 40mg with Dapoxetine 60mg composition.