Friday, January 30, 2009

Weird Tapes - Get Religion


Weird Tapes - Home








I know I'm a bit late on this one, but only according to some. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who've never heard about Weird Tapes. But that's not even why I'm writing about them. I'm doing it because I love them and I love writing about shit that I love.

Guy, girl, both, neither, I don't really have the energy to find out much about Weird Tapes. Yes, I went to their Myspace page and blog, but a 5 second glance didn't yield much information. All I know is they got some super cheesy imagery and super awesome music.

Get Religion is... um... pretty much... it's just disco. Yeah. But, like, new disco. And good disco. Pretty straightforward, fluffy light disco with heavy beats. Kinda spacey, repetitive, minimal, and done just right.

I know everyone's not a fan of this new electro-disco nonsense and I don't blame you. I'm not all on board either. In fact I think Hercules & Love Affair is probably the most overrated band of 2008 (right next to Vampire Weekend). But Weird Tapes have something almost timeless, almost like anti-disco. It's the kind of music that you put on at a party and even if that douchebag no one likes shows up, everyone's still happy and having a great time because Get Religion can do that. It's transcendent disco. And I know you like it.

Aaaaaand it's free. From the band, not me. Head on over to their blog and download it, along with all the other stuff like More Tapes.

1 comment:

Henry Robinson said...

geftinib 250 mg is utilized to treat non-little cell lung malignancy that has spread to different pieces of the body in individuals with specific sorts of tumors. This is in a class of prescriptions called kinase inhibitors.