Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thursday / Envy Split


Envy - An Umbrella Fallen Into Fiction







Envy - Isolation Of A Light Source







Envy - Pure Birth And Loneliness








Thursday sucks. I never liked 'em. Envy, on the other hand....Envy is tits. I wasn't going to by this record. You know, vinyl only, 1000 copies, hand numbered, all that jazz, I figured I'll let the real Thursday and Envy nerds go for this one. But a friend of mine accidentally bought two and, well, now I have myself a copy.

Now out of the 4 Thursday songs on here, one is pretty decent but it's only good because they're trying to sound like Envy. But whatever, Envy's got 3 songs on this split and because of that I'll still call it an awesome record. This new Envy stuff is fucking hard and epic. I can't get enough of it. I don't know how you feel, but I'm of the opinion that a lot of Envy songs sound quite a bit like other Envy songs. And usually that's a bad thing but not in this case. Envy's got such a cool thing going that it doesn't really matter to me.

I feel bad for all of you Envy fans out there who, like me, don't give a shit about Thursday and would never buy this record. So I'll put up all 3 of the Envy songs here for your listening pleasure for a little while.

3 comments:

p.w. said...

yeah, thursday and envy are an odd pairing, but i like both bands, so no complaints from me.

i imagine that this split will allow thursday fans to discover envy, which is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

...or help older Thursday fans like Thursday again. I didn't really like anything they've done since Full Collapse, but this split is a huge improvement.

Henry Robinson said...

buy loratadine online has a place with a gathering of drugs called antihistamines. It is utilized in the treatment of different hypersensitive conditions. It relieves side effects like tingling, expanding, and rashes. This Tablet ought to be taken on a vacant stomach. The portion may change depending on the thing you are taking it for.