Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mogwai / Fuck Buttons Split EP


Fuck Buttons - Colours Move (Mogwai Remix)








Mogwai - Mogwai Fear Satan (Fuck Buttons Remix)








Not only are two of the coolest bands around touring together right now, they also recorded a split EP that they're selling only on tour and in limited quantities. Luckily for you, some dude (ie not me) put it up online for all of the free-seeking internet music nerds to download. Or maybe he just did it for those who won't be able to make it to any of the shows and just absolutely need this record. Fair enough, right?

So from what I gathered, there's no album art or anything, the CD just comes in a hand numbered sleeve. Hooray for minimalism. The EP consists of two tracks, one by each band remixing one of the other band's songs. Wait, what? Mogwai remixing Fuck Buttons and Fuck Buttons remixing Mogwai? Holy shit. Can this get any better? Yes. Yes it can. If (and only if) Fuck Buttons just happened to remix "Mogwai Fear Satan" then...well, then I would just might cream myself.

Obviously, this amazingly fantastic short but sweet EP is the crème de la crème. I can't get enough of it. My only complaint (and it is a major one) is that it's so god damn short. Come on guys. I sincerely hope this begets future collaborations cause HOT DAMN that would be the shit.

Btw, I found this via nialler9. Thanks!

1 comment:

vittorio bongiorno said...

wooooooonderfulllll! that's what I needed today to survive! thanx dude
v.