Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Catch Of The Week: September 10th

Here's a new regular series type thing that I hope to actually keep up (unlike CineSounds and Staples). I'm gonna call it Catch Of The Week, although it will probably happen both more and less than once a week. Anyway, I thought it would be a way to share whatever songs have been stuck in my head lately, and possibly give me a chance to get them out of my head by writing about them. And if you have a better idea for a name, by all means share it. I'm not attached to the name Catch Of The Week at all. I think it's pretty cheesy and only slightly clever.


Built To Spill - Randy Described Reality (from Perfect From Now On)







I've been listening to this record a lot lately for two reasons. One: it's the fucking best. Two: I will be seeing Built To Spill perform it in it's entirety at ATP NY in 9 days. The whole album is truly great but for some reason I get the first track stuck in my head more than the rest. Mostly the part where he goes "I'm gonna be perfect from now on. I'm gonna be perfect starting now." Yeah, that never goes away. "Velvet Waltz" is a pretty close second in catchiness the only problem is that I don't know any of the words to it. That's pretty annoying.



The White Stripes - Take, Take, Take (from Get Behind Me Satan)







Say what you will about The White Stripes and their talent, but I really love them. I don't think I've heard a record of theirs I didn't like and Get Behind Me Satan has a lot of good songs. "Take, Take, Take" isn't even one of my favorites and I don't know a lot of the lyrics, but "I hate to bug ya ma'am, but can I have your autograph? And it was all that I needed!" is something that repeats in my head all the time.



Muscles - Sweaty (from Guns Babes Lemonade)







That catchiest of the catchy. Especially during the summer. Whenever I'm even slightly sweaty and I go to hold my wife's hand, I have to sing this song. "I'm getting tired and I'm sweaty but I still wanna touch ya if ya let me. Because we hugged a few times and it was special." And then "My hand slipped into your hand and it was awesome and you were special." I swear, Elise and I sing this back and forth to each other like 10 times every week. Not in a gross way, though. 'Cause we don't do it in public. Or if we do, it's super subtle and people just think we're being weird.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin! I just found that you have a blog from finding a comment you left on Elise's blog. Yay! Now I can stalk you both through the internet!

Anyways... Justin and I are going to see Built to Spill next Thursday when they come and play here in Norhtampton! I think it's going to be an incredible show. I just wanted to share in your excitement. Next time you should just come out to NoHo instead of going to NY and then you'd get to visit with us, too! Well, see you in December!