Thursday, August 14, 2008

MP3: The Boxing Lesson - Muerta


The Boxing Lesson - Muerta








Austin's The Boxing Lesson has a new record out called Wild Streaks & Windy Days, which can be purchased right here on their MySpace page. And while I don't think it's the cat's pajamas, it does have a couple of cool tracks. I especially like the synth heavy ones, in particular "Muerta."

It's got the Goblin-esque creepy synths, sounding like it's from a horror movie, and it's also doing the slow Mexican/Americana thing, which definitely makes for a weird contrast. But it's one that works. Imagine if From Dusk 'Till Dawn came out in the '70s and was directed by John Carpenter. I guarantee "Muerta" would have been found somewhere in that movie. Now that I'm thinking of it, that movie would've kicked so much ass. Why didn't Carpenter make that? I most certainly would've taken that over Assault On Precinct 13.

Anyway, if you needed something else to hook you, I'm pretty sure at one point the singer talks about an octopus who wants to fly. How fucking depressing is that?

No comments: