Friday, August 21, 2009

OOPs: Bakersfield Boogie Boys - Bakersfield Boogie Boys EP (Rhino, 1980)


Bakersfield Boogie Boys - I Get Around








OOPs is going to be a regular (Weekly? Every Friday?) post where I'll upload copies of albums that I have that are out of print so that all you fine folks can join in on the fun.

The Bakersfield Boogie Boys were (are?) a semi-mysterious band from Bakersfield, CA. People thought they were Devo is disguise, or possibly the owner of Rhino. However all the rumors were turned out to be horseshit. They were just 3 farmer dudes who wanted to be like Devo.

Bakersfield Boogie Boys is the only record they ever put out. It's only got 4 songs on it and 3 of them are covers. There's Haggard's "Okie From Muskogee," the Stones' "Get Off My Cloud," and my personal favorite, "I Get Around" by The Beach Boys. The only original one is called "Flying Tigers." It's pretty cool, but nowhere near as awesome as the covers.

These guys must've worshipped Devo, which should be obvious for every possible reason. Just look at the album cover. That's fucking hilariously dumb. There's also some other inspiration going on too, I think, like The Residents and Talking Heads. This shit is just plain crazy though. I mean, I've heard some weird covers before, but nothing quite like their version of "I Get Around." It's bonkers. Totally nuts.

Yours thanks to Media Fire.

P.S. If you think the name OOPs is too stupid, I'm always open to suggestions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More like Flying Lizards.

buy kamagra effervescent online said...

kamagra effervescent 100 mg It belongs to a group of medicines known as phosphodiesterase type 5 PDE 5 inhibitors. it is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis.