Monday, July 21, 2008

Asobi Seksu Interview

Yuki Chikudate of Asobi Seksu at The Middle East Downstairs


I love Asobi Seksu. Citrus is an amazing album and they're working on a follow-up right now. Not a lot of info about it, but you can check out this cool interview with Yuki Chikudate (lead singer of Asobi Seksu) that The Walrus did.

A few years ago, CMJ announced that they were going to be playing the marathon, but it ended up not happening. I was pretty bummed because I had just fallen in love with them and hadn't seen them yet. Lame. Later on, though, I got the see them play Boston. Unfortunately, Yuki was pretty sick at the time and it made for a sub-par show. They opened for The Ataris (wtf?) but that allowed me to head over to another club and catch Dalek. That was a pretty sweet night.

Check out Asobi Seksu's MySpace page for some tracks, including a rad remix of Thursday by CSS.

No comments: