Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rachel's + Hancock = WTF


Update: I saw the credits another time and discovered that the song is "Water From the Same Source," the standout track off of Systems/Layers.

So I was waiting for the credits to end for Hancock (I work at a movie theater and usually have to watch every movie we get) and it got to the part where the songs used in the movie are listed. This is probably the only part of the credits I give two shits about.

So along with the George Thorogoods and the John Lee Hookers I saw "Performed by Rachel's." I had to do a double take, and then I thought, "Well, maybe there's another band named Rachel's." But then I saw "Courtesy of Quarterstick Records." Holy shit. Rachel's actually had a song in the newest Will Smith summer blockbuster. Whoa. Consider my mind blown. That's like Stars Of The Lid putting a song in Iron Man. Just...weird.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the song, let alone which scene it was used in. Nor can I find any info about it online. So if you happen to see Hancock, keep your ear open for some beautiful, quiet, indie, neo-classical music. And then come back and tell me where they used it, 'cause that's just gonna drive me crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they used the song the moment hancock was in his trailer right after getting a business card from ray (or whoever that business guy was). i was REALLY surprised to hear them as well.

Anonymous said...

I remembered you posted this while watching this movie. it's from Systems/Layers, the track is "Water From the Same Source" I believe.