Friday, May 1, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

Windy & Carl - Btwn You And Me (AGB Remix)

I was digitally transferring my copy of Windy & Carl's Instrumentals For The Broken Hearted (their limited edition 12" tour LP) the other day and something strange happened. Halfway through the A side (not to be confused with the 1 side) Audacity went all glitchy and weird, making everything sound distorted. It made whatever I was recording sound like it was running through a 1-bit filter or something. Kind of like some of the lower fidelity songs on Ophibre's Drone Works album. Anyway, I actually liked the result and kept on recording. You can still hear the original lying underneath the digital fuzz and I think it sounds awesome. So I figured I'd share it with you. Happy May Day.

I'd also just like to point out that I don't seriously consider this a "remix" by any means. Something fucked up on my computer and the result was cool. I don't want anyone to think that I'm taking credit for what happened.

1 comment:

Mike Hansen said...

sounds pretty rad to me man