Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Greenhouse


Gabe and Tycho at Penny Arcade teamed up with Hothead Games, who helped the guys put out their game Penny Arcade Adventures: On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, to create the "distribution platform" Greenhouse. According to the website, Greenhouse is "dedicated to supporting independent game development worldwide" and wants to "help indie developers get their games into the hands of gamers." That's fine by me. There's a ton of indie games being created with no real way to distribute them. Just as I like my indie movies and my indie music, so I like my indie games. Problem is, they're so much more difficult to acquire. There's a cool article on Wired where they interviewed Gabe and Tycho from Penny Arcade. And you can find that right here.

No comments: