Monday, April 13, 2009

Stone Baby - Vir Heroicus Subliminus (Tape Drift, 2008)

More images on my Flickr.

Stone Baby - Side A (I / II)








Vir Heroicus Subliminus is a rough one. It's thick and dirty and not necessarily the easiest thing to listen to. So right off the bat, I love it. However, contrary to it's thickness, Subliminus feels almost like you're not listening to anything at all. It's a specter that almost entirely vanishes when you view it directly.

I hate to say this, but Stone Baby's Tape Drift debut works best for me when I'm not actively listening to it. When I keep it on in the background, I end up hearing all sorts of crazy shit like crying babies and throngs of beetles. But the minute I focus all of my attention on it, everything disappears. All I'm left with is my questionable memory.

I know that there is, in fact, fantastic music recorded to this tape. I know that because I know I'm not crazy. Whenever Subliminus is playing, I hear the most wonderful sounds (crying babies excluded). Just because I can't find it when I'm actually listening to it is irrelevant. The tape that I know as Vir Heroicus Subliminus is the tape I hear when I'm not paying attention to it. And that tape is fucking awesome.

1 comment:

buy progesterone 200 mg online said...

progesterone 100 mg it works on the lining of the uterus and helps to establish and maintain pregnancy in infertile women. baby stays in the womb too hard people are more likely to be a stillbirth because the longer a baby tarries in the womb the more likely the placenta is to stop functioning normally.