Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tomatoes & Radiowire


Kirk Wells had all of his friends each make a video for the songs on what is possibly the best album of all time, Neutral Milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over The Sea. They're all online at Tomatoes & Radiowire, and while they're not all perfect, it's definitely a fun thing to watch and there are some gems.

When I was younger, way before it was easy for anyone to shoot their own video, I thought it would be really cool if bands put out an album that had videos accompanied to every song. I asked my father why they couldn't do that and he said that it would be really expensive and they wouldn't be able to fit all of the videos onto a CD. I grumbled and walked away, still thinking I had a really good idea. Well, it seems like it's not such a crazy idea after all. I know that The Sun's Blame It On The Youth came as a DVD album with audio tracks that you could rip to your computer. It made it so that it couldn't be played in a CD player out of the jewel case but you still had the option to do it that way if you went through some extra steps. I'm sure there others out there like this and if anyone's listening, I want to see even more.

No comments: