Wednesday, April 23, 2008

ATP NY & The Brattle


I found out some things today. One of which blew my mind. As I normally do in the morning, I grabbed a bowl of cereal and headed to Pitchfork where I discovered that All Tomorrow's Parties in New York had released their initial line up. Let me show you it.

My Bloody Valentine
Built to Spill performing Perfect From Now On
Meat Puppets performing Meat Puppets II
Thurston Moore performing Psychic Hearts
Tortoise performing Millions Now Living Will Never Die
Shellac
Mogwai
Polvo
Fuck Buttons
Autolux
The Drones
Low
Wooden Shjips
Edan with Dagha
Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra

I don't have words for it. That's fucking ridiculous. And there's still another 15 or so bands to be announced. Tickets go on sale this Friday. I guess I finally decided how I'm spending my Economic Stimulus check.

The second great thing I found out is that The Brattle Theater has some fantastic upcoming series's planned. They're doing a United Artists 90th Anniversary thing for 2 weeks with shows like The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly showing with The Magnificent Seven, Raging Bull with Rocky, Annie Hall with The Midnight Cowboy and tons of others. Then after the United Artists segment, they're doing A Gathering Of Coens with a hole weekend of No Country followed by double features of Raising Arizona with The Big Lebowski for a couple of days and then they're doing Barton Fink with Miller's Crossing. What a great line up! Right now, they're finishing up their No Borders, No Limits: Nikkatsu Action & 60s Japan with the last show being Woman In the Dunes on Thursday, which, sadly, I can not attend. Then they start participating in the Independent Film Festival Of Boston afterwards. Man, this is a great couple of months for The Brattle. Good stuff.

No comments: