Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No Noise


I'm pretty pissed right now. After my car died, it became nearly impossible to go to shows in Boston on my own. So now I really have to pick and choose which shows are going to be worth the 80-100 bucks I'll be spending on getting there and back.

The two shows I decided would be completely and utterly worth that amount of money were the Hair Police, Heathen Shame, Red Horse, and Puritan Agenda show put on by Intransitive Recordings at The Middle East Upstairs on August 5th and the Xiu Xiu/Prurient show at The Paradise on August 27th. I don't really care that much about Xiu Xiu, it was Prurient I was interested in. But then, apparently, Prurient decided not to play Boston. No, he'll be playing New York and a bunch of other dates with Xiu Xiu, but he changed his mind about Boston. What the FUCK.

And the it turns out I'll be in Maine for that Hair Police show. I know I'm probably just being a whiny bitch right now but come on. The two noise shows I was most looking forward to (not to mention the only two shows I'd be going to on my own) are shot down. So I am very very sad. And fucking angry. I'll have to be satisfied with trying to deafen myself by listening to noise at home on my headphones instead of live in some sweaty smelly club.

On the bright side, I'm listening to this new record I just got in the mail today by Fricara Pacchu called Midnight Pyre and it's fucking great. I'll probably write more about later on, after I listen to it some more but I can tell you right now that I already love it.

No comments: